Sharjah school recognised for outstanding resultsNovember 14, 2017, 5:10 am GMT
Students from the International School of Creative Science (ISCS) have been ranked among the top achievers for the Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards.
The top accolades were achieved in IGCSE Mathematics, Human Biology, Classical Arabic, Arabic First Language, Physics and A Level Business Studies.
Six students were recognised among three categories: highest mark in the UAE; highest mark in the Middle East; and highest mark in the world. The students are:
- Abdullah Ahmed, highest mark in the Middle East in IGCSE Physics
- Ansari Mohammed Hamza, highest mark in the World in IGCSE Mathematics
- Fatma Moustafa Ahmed Mohamed Eltayeb, highest mark in the UAE in IGCSE Human Biology
- Heba Farid Abed, highest mark in the UAE in IGCSE Arabic (first language)
- Luqman Obaid Rashid Al-Maani, highest mark in the UAE in IGCSE Classical Arabic
- Aishah Anis, highest mark in the Middle East in A Level Business Studies
IGCSE students at ISCS achieved a 93% pass rate of A*-C grades. Of these, 59% of all grades were A*/A.
At AS and A Level, students achieved a 35% A*/A pass rate in the A2 exams, as well as 100% passes in Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Arabic, Psychology and Business Studies.
ISCS principal Samar Murad said: "It is an honour to have our students ranked among the top students not only in the region but also globally. This recognition is a true testament to our students' and teachers' commitment and determination to work hard and thrive for excellence in their respective subjects."
"Six Sharjah students ranked among top global achievers in education by Pearson
echo $body; ?>December 5, 2017, 7:19 am
"Sharjah English School increases capacity
echo $body; ?>November 19, 2017, 6:23 am
"Victoria International School of Sharjah celebrates 10 years
echo $body; ?>October 18, 2017, 5:47 am
"UAE students celebrate A Level results
echo $body; ?>August 17, 2017, 7:39 am
"Wesgreen International joins GEMS network
echo $body; ?>July 24, 2017, 10:55 am