EJME Awards nomination deadline extendedMarch 9, 2017, 6:35 am GMT
The nomination deadline for the Education Journal Middle East Awards 2017 has been extended until Thursday, March 16 due to the volume of interest.
This extension has been granted to allow for any last-minute entrants, and there will be no further deadline revision past this date.
The awards are your chance to nominate your colleagues for their hard work, innovative ideas, and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure their students receive the best education possible.
The shortlisted candidates will be revealed in early April, and winners will be announced at a gala dinner on May 3, 2017 at Grosvenor House, Dubai.
- To nominate your teachers and teams, Log on to www.educationjournalme.com/awards to submit nominations until midnight on March 16, 2017.
- Before you begin nominating your teachers, read the categories and award criteria so you know the information you will be expected to provide. Follow the link for more information: http://www.educationjournalme.com/awards//nominations/award-categories/
HOW TO ENTER
- Click "Submit Nominations' on the homepage
- Follow the on-screen instructions and register for a user name and password
- Click 'Choose Category' and make selection
- Complete nomination details, such as name of company or person you are nominating
- In your submission be sure to include details showing why your entry deserves to win over others. Provide case studies and testimonials to support the nomination
- Any supporting files should be collated into a single PDF file no larger than 10MB and uploaded along with the online nomination.
- Your username and password allows you to work on your nominations and alter them until the nomination deadline, which is midnight on March 16, 2017.
All schools in the GCC are eligible to nominate team members for the awards. Individual teachers are not allowed to nominate themselves nominations must be made by a school representative on behalf of a member of staff. We recommend that nominations be approved by the principal or a department head before they are submitted.
Nominations from people outside your school will not be considered. However, if a parent or friend thinks you deserve to be nominated, pass this feedback to your line manager or department head.
The nominee does not have to be the most senior or experienced person in the school or department, rather a colleague who is conscientious and committed and brings a fresh outlook to their role and the school as a result. Ultimately, the judges are looking for teachers who have gone over and above the call of duty.
Schools are allowed to nominate people in as many categories as they wish. Each nomination must be made separately though. Remember to focus on the quality of your entry above everything else.
Please ensure that each nomination includes relevant and up to date information on achievements over the last two academic years only, to allow judges to make a fair decision.
Nominations are only valid when made through the awards website nominations in any other format will not be accepted by the editorial team. Please visit www.educationjournalme.com/awards for details on how to enter.
Please ensure you answer all the questions. Entries where the same answers have been copy/pasted into each answer box will automatically be disqualified.
The final deadline for nominations is now Thursday, March 16, 2017, after which point the editorial team will shortlist up to five nominees in each category.
- English Teacher of the Year
- Maths Teacher of the Year
- Science Teacher of the Year
- Arabic Teacher of the Year
- Innovative Teacher of the Year
- SEN Programme/Department of the Year
- Drama/Arts Programme of the Year
- Sports Department of the Year
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
- Unsung Hero of the Year
- Principal/Headmaster of the Year
- Education Executive of the Year
- Foundation/Early Years Team of the Year
- Primary Team of the Year
- Secondary Team of the Year
For nomination enquiries, please contact Parinaaz Navdar at +97144443413 or email@example.com
For table bookings and other enquiries, please contact Teri Dunstan at +97144443227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact Sabita Miranda at +97144443683 or email@example.com
"Our Own English High School, Sharjah - Girls named Primary Team of the Year
echo $body; ?>May 10, 2017, 12:12 pm
"Dubai International Academy claims Secondary Team of the Year title
echo $body; ?>May 10, 2017, 11:54 am
"Cranleigh Abu Dhabi's Beautiful World opera wins Arts Programme of the Year
echo $body; ?>May 10, 2017, 11:13 am
"Taaleem CEO wins Education Executive award
echo $body; ?>May 10, 2017, 10:08 am
"Dubai College caretaker earns Unsung Hero gong
echo $body; ?>May 10, 2017, 8:07 am