Education Journal Middle East Awards: How to nominateFebruary 21, 2017, 6:35 am GMT
The inaugural Education Journal Middle East Awards will be held on May 3 at Grosvenor House Dubai.
Nominations are now open, and schools across the Middle East are encouraged to participate.
- To nominate your teachers and teams, Log on to www.educationjournalme.com/awards to submit nominations until midnight on March 9, 2017.
- Before you begin nominating your teachers, read the categories and award criteria so you know the information you will be expected to provide. Follow the link for more information: http://www.educationjournalme.com/awards//nominations/award-categories/
HOW TO ENTER
- Click "Submit Nominations' on the homepage
- Follow the on-screen instructions and register for a user name and password
- Click 'Choose Category' and make selection
- Complete nomination details, such as name of company or person you are nominating
- In your submission be sure to include details showing why your entry deserves to win over others. Provide case studies and testimonials to support the nomination
- Any supporting files should be collated into a single PDF file no larger than 10MB and uploaded along with the online nomination.
- Your username and password allows you to work on your nominations and alter them until the nomination deadline, which is midnight on March 9, 2017.
All schools in the GCC are eligible to nominate team members for the awards. Individual teachers are not allowed to nominate themselves nominations must be made by a school representative on behalf of a member of staff. We recommend that nominations be approved by the principal or a department head before they are submitted.
Nominations from people outside your school will not be considered. However, if a parent or friend thinks you deserve to be nominated, pass this feedback to your line manager or department head.
The nominee does not have to be the most senior or experienced person in the school or department, rather a colleague who is conscientious and committed and brings a fresh outlook to their role and the school as a result. Ultimately, the judges are looking for teachers who have gone over and above the call of duty.
Schools are allowed to nominate people in as many categories as they wish. Each nomination must be made separately though. Remember to focus on the quality of your entry above everything else.
Please ensure that each nomination includes relevant and up to date information on achievements over the last two academic years only, to allow judges to make a fair decision.
Nominations are only valid when made through the awards website nominations in any other format will not be accepted by the editorial team. Please visit www.educationjournalme.com/awards for details on how to enter.
Please ensure you answer all the questions. Entries where the same answers have been copy/pasted into each answer box will automatically be disqualified.
The final deadline for nominations is Thursday, March 9, 2017, after which point the editorial team will shortlist up to five nominees in each category.
- English Teacher of the Year
- Maths Teacher of the Year
- Science Teacher of the Year
- Arabic Teacher of the Year
- Innovative Teacher of the Year
- SEN Programme/Department of the Year
- Drama/Arts Programme of the Year
- Sports Department of the Year
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
- Unsung Hero of the Year
- Principal/Headmaster of the Year
- Education Executive of the Year
- Foundation/Early Years Team of the Year
- Primary Team of the Year
- Secondary Team of the Year
For nomination enquiries, please contact Parinaaz Navdar at +97144443413 or email@example.com
For table bookings and other enquiries, please contact Teri Dunstan at +97144443227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact Sabita Miranda at +97144443683 or email@example.com
"Teacher of the Week: Amel Abdelwahab Mohammed, GEMS Millennium School Sharjah
echo $body; ?>August 20, 2017, 5:10 am
"KDSL Global turns 10
echo $body; ?>August 12, 2017, 8:36 pm
"University of Birmingham Dubai to offer PGCE options
echo $body; ?>July 27, 2017, 2:19 pm
"Teacher of the Week: Kevin Drew, Uptown School Dubai
echo $body; ?>July 23, 2017, 5:52 am
"Teacher of the Week: Simimol Raijo, Amity School Dubai
echo $body; ?>July 16, 2017, 7:56 am